Sacred Heart University announced its 18-game 2018 slate for the men's soccer program on Thursday. The Pioneers will host seven games on their on the Park Ave. Field on Sacred Heart's campus.
Breaking It Down
- The Pioneers will play games versus opponents representing seven conferences; including the Big East, the American and Atlantic 10
Season & Home Opener
- The men's soccer team will open the season, for the second consecutive year, against NJIT, on August 24
- SHU hosts Umass, for its home opener on August 27 on Park Avenue Field
The Conference Slate
- The Pioneers will play seven opponents during the campaign, in search of an NEC Tournament berth
- The top-four regular season teams qualify for the postseason tournament, hosted by the league's regular season champion
- The NEC opener is a home game versus Saint Francis University on September 28th, followed by another home NEC contest versus Robert Morris on September 30th
- The Pioneers will then hit the road for two NEC games against Mount St. Mary's and LIU Brooklyn
- SHU will close the regular season with four straight conference matchups with a home game against Bryant on October 21st, before hitting the road vs in-state rival Central Connecticut State followed by Fairleigh Dickinson.
- The Pioneers will close the regular-season on November 2nd versus St. Francis Brooklyn
The Home Games
- SHU hosts four non-conference home games on Park Avenue Field
- Manhattan visits the Park Avenue Field on Monday, September 3rd
- After three-consecutive road contests, SHU welcomes Big East member Seton Hall to for a 3 p.m. game, October 19th
- The Pioneers will close its home non-conference slate against Stony Brook on September 25th at 3 p.m.
- The Pioneers will play four MAAC foes, with three contests being played on the road.
- SHU travels to Saint Peter's on September 12th, followed by traveling to take on Siena on September 15th
- The Pioneers will also hit the road to take on Iona on September 22nd