SMITHFIELD, R.I.- The Sacred Heart University Men's Soccer team fell to Northeast Conference rival Bryant this afternoon by a final score of 2-0. The Pioneers will return to action on Sunday, Oct. 6 when SHU hosts LIU. Kick-off is set for 3:00 p.m. The Pioneers drop to 1-8 overall on the season and 0-2 in NEC play while Bryant improves to 4-3 overall and 1-0 in conference play.
- Bryant would score its first goal of the game at 24:57 in the first half off a goal by George Gill while the assist was credited to Zachary Valckenaere to give the Bulldogs a 1-0 lead.
- In the second in the final minutes, Ben Williams would find the back of the net at 87:03 off an assist by Victor Rey to give Bryant the 2-0 victory.
- Bryant outshot the Pioneers 17-11 in the game.
- Goalie Josh Inkel tallied three saves on five shots faced in the game.
- Sophomore Segundo Navarro led the Pioneers with four shots on goal and eight total.
- Bryant goalie Olivier Larente recorded six saves on six shots on goal.