The Sacred Heart University women's bowling team opened the 2019-20 campaign with its annual SHU Bowl for the Cure event in Milford, Conn. The Pioneers went 2-3 at the event.
Molloy and Long Island both posted 4-1 records at the event, with Molloy besting the Sharks 815-808 in head-to-head action.
The Pioneers are back in action at the Caldwell Cougar University Classic from October 25-27. The event is held in Rockaway, N.J.
SHU Match Results
- Molloy 860, SHU 845
- Bloomfield 855, SHU 853
- SHU 891, Adelphi 805
- SHU 918, Caldwell 801
- LIU 880, SHU 835
SHU Individual Results
- Rachel Bamford averaged 187.60 pins, the third-best average of individuals and earned All-Tournament Team honors
- Colby Jones also earned All-Tournament Team accolades, with a 184.5 average, recording a 203-pin fall in the win over Adelphi
- Skyler Mulligan-Brown averaged 177.25 pins, with a 214-pin fall in her first outing against Bloomfield
- Nicole Cona averaged 171 pins, with a 193-pin fall in the win over Caldwell as her best score of the day
- Tori Boughton scored 182 in the opening match and finished at 158.33 for the day
- Amanda Shelters (162), Rebecca Armand (158.5) and Julia Favata (157) rounded out the Pioneers effort
The Singles Bracket
- Christie Warmingham (Molloy) won the singles, as the number four-seed, knocking off top-seeded Tyler Karpinecz, 210-182 in the quarterfinals
- Colby Jones was the eighth-seed for the Pioneers, and won her first match, 215-150 over Jepna Repach, before falling to Kaprinecz
- Rachel Bamford earned the second-seed and was upset in the opening round by Quinn Hudson, 193-168
- Jenna Harringson was the 14th seed and was just edged by third-seeded Hanna Mannetta in the first round, 213-206