ASTON, Pa.- The Sacred Heart University Women's Ice Hockey team rallied from a one goal deficit in the third period to come-back and win 4-2 over Neumann. The team looks for the weekend sweep of the Knights tomorrow with a puck-drop set for 2:00 p.m.
- The Pioneers would go in firing shots as SHU would outshoot the Knights 29-6 while the Pioneers would be able to fire off 18 on goal.
- At 4:15 the Pioneers would score the opening goal of the game coming off the stick of senior Haley Payne as she netted her fifth goal of the season. Junior Maddie Bishop tallied her eighth assist with the Payne goal.
- But the Knights would tie the game up before the end of the period as Katelyn Brown would slip a shot passed the netminder senior Sarah Erban at 7:34 to tie the game up at 1-1 at the conclusion of the period.
- SHU would once again outshoot Neumann this time 33-11 while the Pioneers tallied 21 shots on goal.
- But it would be the Knights that would score the lone goal of the period in the final minutes at 18:53 Jackie Schneider would find the back of the net off a pair of assists by Claudia Trionfo and Steph Grundy to give the Knights a 2-1 lead at the end of the period.
- While SHU gave up the lone goal in the second the Pioneer defense did hold Neumann to just nine shots on goal for the entire period.
- The Pioneers would hold Neumann to just seven shots on goal while the Pioneers tallied 16.
- SHU would score three goals in the period to walk away with the 4-2 comeback victory over the Knights.
- The first goal came just 23 seconds into the period as junior Olivia Bryant would net her second goal of the season to tie the game up at 2-2.
- Then at 5:19 in the third, sophomore Lexi Edwards would net the go ahead goal off a an assist by senior Savannah Hersey to give the Pioneers a 3-2 lead.
- Lastly at 14:14 senior Lilly Cleary would net her sixth goal of the season to give the Pioneers the 4-2 victory.