SHELTON, Conn.- The Sacred Heart University Women's Ice Hockey team dropped the two game series finale to Maine this afternoon by a final score of 7-0. The Pioneers will return to action on Friday, Oct. 11 when the Pioneers hit the road to face Mercyhurst. Puck-drop is set for 3:00 p.m.
- Maine would tally double digit shots in the first recording 16 while holding SHU to just seven in the opening period.
- The Black Bears would score in the opening minutes of the game as a 1:11 in the period, Brittany Colton would fire a shot passed goalie Frankie Sanchez off an assist by Michelle Weis to give the Black Bears a 1-0 lead.
- Then just two minutes later at 2:57 in the period, Ide Press would slip a goal to give the Black Bears a 2-0 lead. The Assist would be credited to Brittany Colton.
- In the final two minutes of the first, Vendula Pribylova would find the back of the net at 18:22 off assists by Ali Beltz and Ida Kuoppala to give Maine a 3-0 lead heading into the second period.
- The Pioneers would be outshot in the second period six to 17 in the period.
- The SHU defense would be able to hold the Maine offense though to just two power-play goals coming at 7:00 in the period off the stick of Ida Kuoppala with an assist from Vendula Pribylova to give the Black Bears a 4-0 lead. Followed by a goal at 16:23 off the stick of Ally Johnson with assists to Daria Tereshkina and Tereza Vanisova to give Maine a 5-0 lead.
- SHU would play hard in the third period even being limited to just five shots on goal in the third, the Pioneers were able to allow just goal on 10 shots on goal in third.
- Maine would tally two more goals in the game to eventually give the Black Bears a 7-0 victory.
- The goals would come at 0:23 from Ali Beltz which was on the power-play while the second game from Claire Coffman at 0:56 in the period.