The Sacred Heart University rugby team fell 50-17 at host West Chester University on Saturday afternoon. The Golden Rams improve to 3-0 on the year, while the Pioneers fall to 1-3.
The Pioneers had three student-athletes record points in the effort, with three tries.
SHU returns to action on Saturday, September 28 when it hosts Brown on Park Avenue Field. The match is set for an 11:00 am kickoff
How it Happened
- WCU scored three tries, with two conversions, in the first 17:01 of play, building a 19-0 advantage
- MaKinzie Youngblood put SHU on the board with her first try of the game with 11"07 remaining before halftime, making it 19-5
- The Golden Rams struck quickly in the second-half, with a Grace Larko try 94 ticks into the period
- Youngblood notched her second try of the game at 58:06 to pull the Pioneers within 26-10, before back-to-back WCU tries less than 4:00 apart pushed the advantage back to 38-10
- Isabel Cuddy answered at the 66:59 mark, with a Kaylee Hale conversion, but the Pioneers would get no closer
- WCU scores twice in the final 10 minutes for the final margin
By The Numbers
- Youngblood led the Pioneers, and all scorers, with 10 points on the afternoon
- Larko and Gallagher both had two tries for WCU, while Kylie Corless had five successful conversions