STATEN ISLAND, N.Y.- The Sacred Heart University Women's Soccer team tied Wagner 2-2 in two overtimes in the teams' second Northeast Conference match of the year. The Pioneers will return to action on Sunday, Sept. 29 when SHU hosts St. Francis Brooklyn. Kick-off is set for 12:00 p.m.
- The Pioneers outshot Wagner eight to four in the first half.
- Both sides recorded even in shots on goal with each side recording three in the half.
- SHU got on the board first as first-year Azria Malloy tallied her second goal of the season off an assist by fellow first-year Michelle Clarkin at 35:48 in the first half. Malloy knocked in the goal off a break up the left side to put SHU ahead 1-0.
- Clarkin then scored the second goal on the day as she found the back of the net off the top of the box for her fifth goal of the year at 25:58 in the half off an assist by junior Madison Stahelski to increase the SHU lead to 2-0.
- The Seahawks edged the Pioneers in shots in the second five to four in the half.
- Wagner tightened the SHU lead in the second as a goal by Annie White at 56:45 narrowed the score to 2-1.
- Strong defense by both sides kept the score 2-1 until a penalty kick goal by Maria Nunez at 89:52 tied the game up at 2-2 and sent the game into overtime.
- SHU was the only team to attempt a shot in the first overtime but was unable to notch the game-winner keeping the score 2-2 heading into the second overtime.
- Strong defense by both sides halted the offenses by both teams in the second OT as neither team would be able to score ending the game in a 2-2 draw.
|PERIOD||TIME||PLAY||V - H|
|9:52||Malloy,Azria (2) (Clarkin,Michelle) - 9 leads 20 for break up left side||1 - 0|
|19:42||Clarkin,Michelle (5) (Stahelski,Madison) - 10 feeds 9 on top of the box||2 - 0|
|56:45||WHITE, Annie (2) (unassisted) - finds ball inside the 6||2 - 1|
|89:52||NUNEZ, Maria (4) (unassisted)||2 - 2|