LOUDONVILLE, N.Y.- The Sacred Heart University Softball team (17-16 overall) fell to Siena (7-13 overall) in both games of the doubleheader this afternoon falling in the first 5-4 and in the second 3-1 in six innings due to darkness. The Pioneers will return to action on Thursday, April.4 when SHU hosts Fairfield. First-pitch is set for 3:30 p.m.
SHU 4, Siena 5
- Top of the 2nd inning- Junior Jennie Boisvert would rip a single up the middle to score in first-year Amy Petrovich to give the Pioneers a 1-0 lead.
- Top of the 2nd inning- Senior Hailey Desrosiers would knock an single down the left field line to score in two runs to put the Pioneers ahead 3-0.
- Top of the 5th inning- A sacrifice fly by Petrovich would score in senior Stephanie Mangiameli to give the Pioneers a 4-0 lead.
- Bottom of the 5th inning- An RBI single by Isabelle DeChiaro would give Siena its first run of the game to make the score 4-1 SHU.
- Bottom of the 5th inning- Loryn DeFalco would hit a sacrifice fly to center field to score in a run to tighten the Pioneers lead to 4-2.
- Bottom of the 5th inning- A two run single by Amanda Dodson would tie the game up at 4-4 heading into the sixth inning.
- Bottom of the 7th inning- Dodson would hit a sacrifice fly to center field to score in a run to give the Saints the 5-4 victory.
- The Pioneers would be able to outhit the Saints six to five in the game.
- At the plate, junior Jennie Boisvert led the way for the Pioneers going 2-3 with an RBI.
- In the circle, sophomore Shyanne Fennell would tally the loss as she gave up the winning run to drop her record to 5-4 on the year.
SHU 1, Siena 3 (F/6 Called due to darkness)
- Bottom of the 1st inning- An RBI triple by Lauren Sabihon would give the Saints a 1-0 lead.
- Bottom of the 1st inning- A sacrifice bunt by Isabelle DeChiaro would score in Sabihon to increase Siena's lead to 2-0.
- Bottom of the 3rd inning- Madysen Cossack would hit a home run to center field to put the Saints ahead 3-0.
- Top of the 4th inning- An RBI single by senior Hailey Desrosiers would give the Pioneers the teams only run of the game to make the final score 3-1.
- SHU would outhit the Saints 7-5 in the game.
- At the plate senior Hailey Desroisers led the way for the Pioneers going 2-4 with a double and an RBI.
- In the circle sophomore Colleen Walsh would tally the loss going five innings giving up three runs on five hits.