STONY BROOK, N.Y.-The Sacred Heart University Swimming and Diving team completed its meet today as the Pioneers defeated LIU 152-142 and fell to host Stony Brook 158-140. The Pioneers will return to action on Wednesday, Nov. 6 when the Pioneers face Providence and Rhode Island. The meet begins at 6:00 p.m.
- Sophomore Megan McLaughlin had a career day as she broke the Pioneers school record in the 3 meter dive placing a score of 235.15. She also took first in the 1 meter dive with a score of 207.70 just six points ahead of fellow Pioneer Molly Martin to tallied a score of 201.45.
- Martin also took second in the 3 meter dive with a score of 223.30.
- In strokes senior Lauren Somers dominated the 50 and 100 freestyle placing times of 24.64 and 53.47 both season highs for the senior.
- Against LIU, Somers took first in the 200 meter freestyle placing a time of 1:57.34 which also placed second overall.
- In the relays, the Pioneers were able to emerge victorious over the Sharks as in the 400 meter freestyle relay the group of Nicole Tingley, Lauren Somers, Emily Peter and Kelly Bartnett took first with a time of 3:39.13 to push the Pioneers to the 152-142 victory over LIU.
- Also in the 400 meter freestyle relay to group of Grace Bergstrom, Ashley Ayala, Margaret Flaherty, and Taylor Eck took fourth with a time of 3:51.01.